Join out a tour with an expert Venice architecture and art guide
This tour is perfect for you if you want to discover more about the Venetian art, if you are an art lover or have special curiosities about art and architecture!
Immerse yourself in the real Venice! Discover unique secrets and hidden gems of Venice with an art historian. A unique walk, far from the beaten paths and from the most tourist areas, to discover the essence of my Venice!
I have selected for you the best calli and alternative routes that lead to hidden architectural treasures. We will discover the Venice of the Venetians, we will cross historical bridges to enjoy unique views and we will see amazing Venice historical buildings.
In Venice we have incredible museums and palazzi, some private and some public. Contact me to create a special unusual architecture itinerary for you. This Venice Private Art and Architecture Tour is 100% tailored. Here below you can find some suggestions about my favorite spots.
You can write me your interests and I will create the best experience for you starting from you place in Venice.
Venice Architecture Tour, some ideas, every tour is customizable:
- Carpaccio Art tour in Venice: enjoy the Vittore Carpaccio art , the master storyteller of Renaissance art and discover the Architecture of his time: Vittore Carpaccio’s narrative cycle in the Scuola Dalmata + Gallerie dell’Accademia museum + walking tour in Venice. The Scuola of San Giorgio and Trifone is a must see for art lover but not really a tourist area of Venice. If you want to see the details of great painting you can’t skip this site.
- Gallerie dell’Accademia Art tour: I love to show the place where I atteded one of my university internship and where I worked dor educational activities for kids. We will speak about the history of the “Charity complex” and the masterpieces: the Palladio staircase, Carrying the Body of St. Mark by Tintoretto; The Feast in the House of Levi by Veronese; Procession in Piazza San Marco by Gentile Bellini; Miracle of the Cross at San Lorenzo bridge by Bellini; St. Ursula cycle by Carpaccio; Presention of the Virgin at the Temple by Titian. Some of the artworks are still in the original position.
- Tintoretto Venice Art tour: Scuola Grande di San Rocco, Chiesa della Madonna dell’Orto, Cannaregio. The Scuola Grande is called the “Sixtine Chapel” of Venice. Its history is incredible, I will explain you how Tintoretto could receive this commission. We will see the site specific paintings including the Crucifixion masterpiece.
- Classic Venice Art tour: Doge’s Palace and Gallerie dell’Accademia. Let’s visit the two most important art sites of the history of Venice. The place where the Doge used to live and where we had the Court and prisons.
- The best Palazzi Art tour: Ca’Rezzonico and the stunning Tiepolo frescos, Ca’ Mocenigo for its perfume and fashion, Ca’Zenobio or Palazzo Nani Mocenigo (it depends on availabilities); or Correr and Doge’s Palace museum tour
- The Venetian Renaissance Art tour: Frari church and Scuola Grande di San Rocco
- Unusual Renaissance Art tour: Palazzo Grimani, a Venetian “unicum”
- Churches in Venice, Art and Architecture tour in Castello and Cannaregio: San Zaccaria, San Giorgio ai Greci; San Francesco della Vigna, Santi Giovanni and Paolo, Madonna dell’Orto, Gesuiti church, Santa MAria dei Miracoli, San Marziale
- The Scuole of Venice Art tour: Scuola Grande di San Rocco and Scuola dei Carmini; or Scuola Dalmata and Castello (Scuola Grande di San Marco facade)
- Contemporary Art tour in Venice: discover the incredible contemporary art locations: La Biennale (Art or Architecture according to the years), Punta della Dogana or the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Dorsoduro.
I can customize this Venice private art and architecture tour according to your interests, so price can vary according to the itinerary and entrance tickets (not included)
Contact me for creating a special tour for you.
Check my Linkedin profile.
Venice Art and Architecture Tour with Lucia. This is me in front of the original Doge’s Palace Entrance, called Porta della Carta.